Post #2

Sherry Turkle made a lot of really good points when she talked about how much the whole world is consumed within technology. One of the points she made is that we have the option to retouch/ edit our face, body, and voice. We have the option to change our appearance and people like doing that. if you look at the app Snapchat, they have a bunch of filters that change your voice and face. It helps people hide things that they might be insecure about. Another thing she mentioned was that phones are something that will listen when others won't. A lot of times when people have nothing to do or no one to talk to, they sit on their phones and scroll thorough social media. It provides a comfort almost, and not a good one at that. The more we sit and play on our phones the less interactive we are with the actual world. We don't try talk to people or try to make new friends when we're out in public, we sit on our phones. It's ruining our communication skills. The last thing I'm going to talk about is how much we're actually on our phones. I don't think people realize how consumed they actually are until they don't have a phone, or get their phone taken away for some reason. We depend on our phones like they're a life line, its ridiculous sometimes. We sit on our phones at dinner, in class, at work, almost everywhere. And it's not just kids and teenagers, its adults too, I think a lot of parents are guilty of being on their phones constantly too. It's hard not to but nobody socializes or communicates anymore, we all just sit in our own world.

Comments

  1. When you mentioned that people want to change their appearance, I liked how you used snapchat as an example because I personally have noticed people using the filters a lot. I also like how you mentioned that people resort to their phone when no one else will listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see pictures of people on line I'm very skeptical of them because of all the retouching and editing that can be done today. I also don't think people realize how much they are actually on their phones and rely on them constantly everyday. When people talk to me I make it a point to stay off my phone and engage in the conversation in front of me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post #3

post #11

post #10