post #10

Brand identity is the way we judge others by what they're wearing and the way certain types of clothing or certain brands have the stigma for the people that wear them. It's becoming an issue because we will often judge people and sometimes judge them harshly because of what they are or aren't wearing! For example when we talked about basketball shorts in class, we often associate that will athletic or sporty people. Or when we see people with luxury brands draped all over their body, we assume they have a good amount of money. And I think the worst part is that we do subconsciously, its just an automatic response when we see people, we may not judge verbally, but we all do it inside our heads!
A store that I typically shop at is Buckle, it targets teens and young adults. Their clothes aren't relatively cheap, they sell a lot of expensive jeans like rock revival and other brands that are similar. The brand identity of Buckle is sort of people who are willing to spend the extra money for better quality things! Usually when I see people wearing clothes from buckle, I assume that they really care about their look and are willing to spend a high amount of money. The workers in buckle are often seen wearing the clothes sold in the store, and new items that have just arrived. Its sort of a way of advertising the new clothes.

Comments

  1. I also think that people who are wearing the Buckles clothing care about their appearance. People who see them wearing stuff from there know how expensive their clothes are. Buckle does a really good job of making sure that all their clothes are advertised really well. Also the people who work there are so helpful to help you find a certain size and style that you are looking for. It makes the store a more friendly environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that, that is a good observation about how a lot of retail stores usually have their employees wearing clothes from that store. I never really thought of that, but yah having employees wearing their clothes, is another way to advertise and promote their clothing, and brand identity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post #3

post #11